Galaxy Spas available at Cleanflo Filtration Ltd
- Galaxy Spas is New Zealand’s premier spa pool brand. The modern design, precise jet placement, quality internationally sourced components, 7 layer insulation, state of the art water management system and super strong construction combine to deliver the perfect spa pool experience. If you’re ready to invest in a spa pool, jacuzzi, hot tub or swim spa, Galaxy Spas offer complete peace of mind relaxation. Come and view our pools starting from just $5499 in the showroom on the corner of Dee & Lowe Streets Invercargill. Check out the range at www.galaxyspas.co.nz
- Cleanflo Filtration Limited have experienced servicing technicians to cover all servicing needs you may require whether it be for your Spa of Swimming Pool.
Chemicals & Testing
- Cleanflo Filtration Limited have full knowledge and an extensive range of chemicals and test kits for your Spa and Swimming Pools.
- Cleanflo Filtration Limited stock a huge range of filters for your Pool and if by chance it isn’t in stock we will get it for you.
Recommended Chemicals available at Cleanflo Filtration Ltd
Spa Pool Start Up Process
- Fill the spa with a hose to the water level shown on the pool.
- Turn on the spa.
- Once the pool temperature reaches at least 34 degrees you can start adding chemicals.
Turn the water jets on while adding chemicals and follow the steps
1.Balancing the Alkalinity – Recommended level is between 80 and 120 ppm.
To increase the Alkalinity, add ‘Alkalinity Up’ at the following rates:
|Desired Increase||1000 Litres in Spa|
Once added leave in spa for 1/4hr and retest and make sure correct.
2.Balancing the pH – Recommended level between 7.2 and 7.8.
To decrease pH add ‘pH Decrease’, To increase pH add ‘pH Increase’ at the following rates:
|Desired Increase or Decrease for PH Level||1000 Litres in Spa|
|0.1||5 grams = 1 teaspoon|
|0.8||40 grams = 8 teaspoons|
Once added leave in spa for 1/2hr and retest and make sure correct.
3.Chlorine: recommended level is between 3 -5 ppm
Start-up – Add 2 teaspoons of ‘Super Chlor’
Normal use – Add one teaspoon per person after each use
Once a week – Test that the correct chlorine level has been reached
- For pools with ozone, always check the chlorine indicator on the test strip within 10 mins of adding as ozone eats up the testability of chlorine and if checked 2 hours later an incorrect reading will occur.
- When the stabilizer indicator on the bottom of the test strip reads between 150-300 it is time to change your water.
Regular Maintenance Guide
- Once a week test water for all chemicals.
- Fortnightly take filter out and hose down using high pressure then soak in ‘Cartridge Cleaner’ 150mls per Filter Bucket for 24 hours.
- Approximately every 3 months drain the pool.
- Remember this is a guideline and varies per pool size, model and personal use.